Head Start Program
Head Start is a nationally recognized child development program designed to meet the educational, mental, nutritional, and social needs of 3- and 4-year-olds and their families. Head Start helps all children succeed. Special Services are offered to meet the special needs of children with disabilities.
Felicia Bagwell, Program Director
Telephone: 931.896.1800 ext. 1806
Registration for the 2017-2018 School Year
If your child will be 3 or 4 years old on or before August 15, 2017, and if your income meets federal guidelines, then he/she may qualify for the Head Start program. Registration dates are listed to the side. You will also need to bring the following:
- Proof of parent/guardian income:
- Proof of current Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)/Families First Cash Grant
- Proof of current Supplemental Social Security (SSI)
- Homeless parents do not need to provide proof of income
- Foster Parents need only provide a copy of the child's placement letter from DHS Child Welfare
- IEP or IFSP if the child has a documented learning disability
If you do not receive any of the above, please submit proof of income for the last 12 months OR last Calendar year. Items that can be used as proof of income are:
- 1040 tax return
- Pay Stubs
- Reported Income display printout from the Department of Human Services (DHS) if you receive food stamps (SNAP) or Family First (TANF)
- Financial Aid Award Letters or form 1099T
- Copies of Child Support awards or checks
|Download the Child Health and Dental Record Form
(Para formas médicas, oprima aquí)
2016-2017 School Year Registration Dates, Times and Locations
All registration event dates and times can be found by downloading the Head Start Registration Dates document.
|Download the Head Start Registration Dates
(Descargue el Head Start Fechas de matrícula)
Below is a list of Family Service Specialists who specialize in Head Start registrations:
|Family Service Manager|
|Lincoln Homes and Lafayette|
Thank you for your interest. Please encourage other families to explore the many opportunities available in the CMCCAA Head Start program for child and family development. If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact the Head Start Program Assistant at 931.896.1800, extension 1813.
226 Caldwell Lane
185 E. Pine Mountain Rd.
20 K Summer St.
150 Lafayette Rd.
4011 Highway 48
Felecia Bagwell, Program Director
Phone: (931) 896-1806