Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Priority in energy assistance, as well as the level of assistance, is based on the energy burden, income, and size of the applicant's household as well as the presence of vulnerable household members (i.e. frail elderly, handicapped, and infants).
Clients do not need an appointment to pick up or fill out applications. It does however, takes 60-90 days to process applications. You may obtain applications at our main office or through your electic company.
|CLICK HERE for Energy Assistance Application|
Documents that need to accompany your application include:
- Proof of Social Security Numbers for everyone in the household
- Picture ID’s for anyone 18 years of age and older
- Proof of Household Gross Monthly Income
- If paid weekly provide last (8) pay stubs
- If paid bi-weekly provide last (4) pay stubs
- For SSI/SSD provide current Social Security Award
- Most recent LES
- Last 12 months of usage (electric, propane, etc.)
For More Information on the LIHEAP Program, visit the Tennessee Housing Development Agency Energy Assistance