Head Start Program
Head Start is a nationally recognized child development program designed to meet the educational, mental, nutritional, and social needs of 3- and 4-year-olds and their families. Head Start helps all children succeed. Special Services are offered to meet the special needs of children with disabilities.
Felicia Bagwell, Program Director
Telephone: 931.896.1800 ext. 1806
Registration for the 2018-2019 School Year
If your child will be 3 or 4 years old on or before August 15, 2018, and if your income meets federal guidelines, then he/she may qualify for the Head Start program. Registration dates are listed to the side. You will also need to bring the following:
- Proof of current Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)/Families First Cash Grant
- Proof of current Supplemental Social Security (SSI)
- Proof of current Social Security Benefits (SSA)
- Foster Parents need only provide a copy of the child's placement letter from DHS Child Welfare
- IEP or IFSP if the child has a documented learning disability
- Proof of income or items that can be used as proof of income are: last year tax return or W-2 or pay stubs for the last 12 months, financial aid award letters or form 1099 T and copies of child support awards or checks
- Health insurance card
- Immunization certificates
- Current physical and dental forms
*Head Start accepts children with disabilities regardless of severity
Families who receive the following are automatically eligible
- Recipients of TANF or SSI
- Foster Care Providers
- Homeless Families
|Download the Child Health and Dental Record Form
(Para formas médicas, oprima aquí)
2018-2019 School Year Registration Dates, Times and Locations
All registration event dates and times can be found by downloading the Head Start Registration Dates document.
|2018-2019 Head Start Registration|
Below is a list of Family Service Specialists who specialize in Head Start registrations:
|Maritza Austin - Family Service Manger
|Tamika Buford - Montgomery Central
|Sakarsha Sanchez-Hunter - Lafayette
|Jamie Roach - Caldwell Lane
|Adalgisa Sisa - Kenwood
|Stephanie Bailey - Lafayette
|Alicia Wright - Lafayette
|Arturo Corcoles - Lafayette
Thank you for your interest. Please encourage other families to explore the many opportunities available in the CMCCAA Head Start program for child and family development. If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact the Head Start Program Assistant at 931.896.1800, extension 1813.
226 Caldwell Lane
185 E. Pine Mountain Rd.
20 K Summer St.
150 Lafayette Rd.
4011 Highway 48
Felecia Bagwell, Program Director
Phone: (931) 896-1806